Laser Carbon Peels: What do you need to know?
A laser carbon peel reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines and is fast, painless treatment. The treatment benefits people with oily skin, acne, or enlarged pores, as well as people whose skin has become sun damaged. It is not for everyone to go through laser carbon peels. This article will help you determine whether or not carbon laser peel is right for you based on the benefits and effectiveness of this procedure.
Exfoliating the skin with a carbon laser peel helps stimulate the production of collagen and deep exfoliates the skin. The following conditions can be treated with laser carbon peels:
- Skin infections
- Pigmentation of acne
- Scarring from acne
- Expansion and clogging of pores
- Photographic ageing
- A fine line or wrinkle
These conditions are also treated with chemical peels, but there are some notable differences:
- Rather than using chemicals, laser carbon peels utilize heat
- No downtime is required for laser carbon peels
- A carbon peel is generally less irritant on sensitive skin or those with skin conditions like eczema
Laser carbon peel aftercare: how does it work?
- Aftercare for laser carbon peels includes the following do’s and don ts:
- After a laser carbon peel, keep your skin moisturized by applying creams regularly.
- A few days after treatment, you might notice some flaking or dryness,
- You should use sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher several days after treatment.
- You should refrain from using retinol-containing products for at least five days following your treatment.
- During the first week, avoid using any invasive or abrasive skin treatments.
- Using acne-fighting products will provide optimum results if you have oily skin.
- Skin that is photoaged or has fine lines may benefit from products that contain collagen or collagen supplements.
Can a laser carbon peel cause side effects?
A laser carbon peel is unlikely to cause any serious side effects besides slight skin reddening and mild tingling. To ensure this procedure’s safety and optimal results, be sure to have it performed by an experienced and licensed professional.
In addition to people with oily skin, enlarged pores, acne, and minor wrinkles, laser carbon peels can also benefit people with mild photoaging and wrinkling. In contrast to traditional chemical peels, laser carbon peels are painless and require no recovery time. None of the reported side effects is severe or lasting, except for temporary redness.